3 S.R. Johannes: Calling all bloggers and authors - show the love for Libraries!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Calling all bloggers and authors - show the love for Libraries!

April 11-17 is National Library Week

I'd like to dedicate my blog that week to celebrate libraries and do some interviews about what they look for in books. Therefore I was thinking I could get people involved to participate.

If you would like to participate in the "Bloggers Love Libraries" - Library Appreciation week. Please let me know.

Here are some ways you can participate:
  1. Interview your local library and post the interview that week. Send me the link by April 9th and I will link to any interviews on my site that week so we can celebrate all the libraries around the country.
  2. Dedicate your blog to do posts that relate to libraries.
  3. Donate books for my book basket(s) that will be given away to a library that participates in the interview. (If we get enough books, we may be able, to do more than just one basket)
  4. Donate any other items to the baskets - pens, pencils, swag, skype tours, etc
I will collect all the items and create book baskets.

At the end of the week there will be a drawing for the book basket. (Followers who fill out the form can be eligible to win the book baskets for their local library)

Please email me at sjohannes@bilaninc.com if you would like to participate. :)

7 comments:

Jackee said...

What a great idea, Shelli! I'll definitely be doing #1 and will let you know about the others. Thanks!

Kelly H-Y said...

What a great idea! Our local library is searching for a new location, as their current one has been bought out by a big grocery chain, and they are losing their space. Sad ... we're all hoping they find a new spot soon ... especially my son, who has discovered the library's huge mass of vehicle-related books! :-)

Jenna Wallace said...

I love this idea!!! I will do an interview with someone at the San Antonio Public Library. Count me in!!

Stiletto Storytime said...

I will absolutely being doing something on my blog for this week...I am a former librarian turned SAHM/book reviewer so...I will probably post on the vital necessity of libraries and some of my own experiences...working in an inner city library I have many that show what wonders libraries do! Thanks for the reminder!

Courtney

C.R. Evers said...

what an awesome idea! I may try to do that!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

A wonderful way to promote the love of reading and the art of writing! Our awesome librarians. Thanks, Shelli

Candyland said...

Great idea!