3 S.R. Johannes: Be My Valentine Date - Reading Room Chat

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine Date - Reading Room Chat


Good News!


First of all - I have good news. I hate talking about myself but I am going to pat myself on the back for a job well done and say something profound (I hope)


1 - I just sold my 5,000th copy!! I never imagined I would get this far. I was happy with my first 100. 


2 - My little book, Untraceable finally made the top 100 books of all ebooks last night at midnight. Got up to #63 - now around #80 - over some big names.


3 - Untraceable is #3 in children/action and adventure just under The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (yes I am above MockingJay - WTF??)


Holy crap right!!!!!!!!!

INSERT PEP TALK HERE!



Guys - you will never fully know what this means to me after everything I've been through...after all the people who told me I could not do this. After those who turned their back on me...and those who felt like I wasn't good enough.



This isn't about money or fame - this is about following my heart and dream no matter what 
the naysayers had to nay about.


So I tell you - DON'T GIVE UP!

Sometimes your dream doesn't look the way you expect or may not be the way other's think it should be...

But that doesn't mean you can't make it happen! You just have to follow you heart and do what is right for you.



Thanks for all your support! I would not be here without you guys.


The Reading Room Chat Tonight!



I'd love for some of you to be my valentine tonight.



I will be on the Reading Room chat tonight.  It is at 7pm est (4pm PT) and I'M worried I'll be all alone... (wait - is that sad that my valentine is an online chat crew?? What does that say about me and my love for anything cyber.)



I will be talking about my indie pubbing experience and marketing - everything I've done over the last few months. The pros and cons - the goods and bads.



You have to join (it's free) to attend so join now!


I posted about the The Reading Room here.



I hope you join me!


To Join The Chat


The Bookanistas Book Club is where your live chat will be hosted at 7pm EST time. 
http://www.thereadingroom.com/book-club/the-bookanistas/1435

1. Members will need to sign up or sign into TheReadingRoom.com and become a member of The Bookanistas Book Club. (URL above).
2. There will be a chat icon that looks like two speech bubbles that will launch the live chat window.
The chat window will be open 30 minutes prior to the chat starting and last for about 45 minutes.


13 comments:

McKenzie McCann said...

Oh my gosh, that's amazing. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations.

Proof that it CAN be done!

Lori M. Lee said...

Congrats, Shelli! That's so awesome! :D

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You deserve a pat on the back.

Janet Johnson said...

Congratulations Shelli! That is wonderful news. We're all cheering you on out here. :D

Shannon O'Donnell said...

That's awesome news, Shelli! You deserve it. Untraceable is such a good book and you've worked soooooo hard! :-)

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Congrats, that's amazing! :D

Heather said...

Congratulations on your 5000th copy, that's fantastic!

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

Just read this now so sorry I missed the chat. It's just so wonderful to see you soar!

Rebekkah Ford said...

Congrats, Shelli! YAY! :) I hope I do as well as you when I publish my YA paranormal series.

Heather Sunseri said...

Congrats, Shelli!! I am super thrilled for you! Your journey has been very fun to watch. And you story deserves the success because it's very, very good.

Meradeth Houston said...

I'm super happy for you--congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Shelli--you deserve it! :)

Stina said...

That's awesome news! I'm taking a course on writing thrillers, and plan to use yours to do the assignments (because they are based on published works). :)

A year ago, I would never have read self published books, but my attitude has recently changed (at this time, I only buy books from my blogging friends). Maybe one day I will self pub, but only if I can have a great cover and find trustworthy editors. I need to do it right. I'm glad you found those individuals. (You're cover is still one of my favs for 2011!)

Best of luck with your growing sales, Shelli!