3 S.R. Johannes: Breaking News! IRDA winner :)

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Breaking News! IRDA winner :)

Guys - hold onto your hats!

OMG I just found our I won an award!

I was announced as the winner of the IndieReader Discovery Award for Young Adult!

They announced all the winners at BEA yesterday!

The judges were Kirkus Review, IndieReader, Huffington Post, editors at S&S and Harper Collins, agents at ICM and more.

Congrads to all the indie winners!

Holy crapola! I'm freakin' out/dying right now.

To think where I was this time last year parting with my agent, rejected by publishers, couldn't write, and had no hopes of a future in publishing, this is friggin' awesome!!!!!! Amaze-balls!

I get pretty stickers and a book feature on IndieReader. I also get to be included in some press announcements as well as consideration by a literary agency.

I'm not expecting anything major to come out of this.

But it is just another confirmation I am on the right path, especially at a time where I was starting to question it again.

Keep going after your dreams. No one can't stop you but yourself !

Just keep swimming....just keep swimming!

Thanks to everyone - again - for your support! It means everything.


15 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic news! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Shelli! I hope something major does come out of it. You've worked hard. :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats Shelli! That's such awesome news. So happy for you.

Irene Latham said...

Wow, Shelli, that's AWESOME! Congratulations.

Angela Brown said...

Shelli, there are times where you see someone get an award and you wonder, "How the heck did that happen?"

Well, in your case, there's nothing to wonder. I remember reading about you and your agent parting ways and your distress with writing. But you didn't give up. You believed in your story. You self-published professionally and put out a worthwhile piece. This is just an earned confirmation. Well deserved. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this awesome news and well-earned award, Shelli!

-Vicki

kathrynjankowski said...

Congratulations, Shelli. What a wonderful validation of your writing!

Sharon Bayliss said...

Congrats! I totally agree with your statement...Amaze-balls!

LTM said...

LOL! Wow--that's fantastic! Super-congrats to you, Shelli! You sure have worked hard, and you deserve it. You're a great story teller. :o) <3

Heidi Willis said...

Congrats, Shelli! This career is a long road - and there will always be the difficult parts that make it seem like you're on the wrong path. Cling to these moments and hold them close!

Kath said...

Outstanding, and well deserved!!
Children's writing is all about quality and giving something positive to children. That's your book from start to finish!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

I'm glad you got such awesome water wings. :D This is fantastic news. Congratulations, Shelli!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

Dawn Simon said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! That's HUGE!!

Unknown said...

Congrats girl! I know I told you already, but there it is again!

You are amazing!! Don't give up because the way you write Rocks Socks off girl!

Mad Love
Heather aka SupaGurl