3 S.R. Johannes: Let's makeup!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Let's makeup!

The last few months have been slammed with edits and kids back in school (yada yada yada!)

I have some belated Pay it Forwards to do.

Lemonade Award

Diane over at Writer Roller Coasters nominated me for a very cute award, known as the Lemonade Award. Yay for turning lemons into lemonade, one of life's sweetest recipes! You have to award it to 10 recipients - I only did 5.

Here are my recipients:


Susan Mills over at Walk in my shoes who somehow finds a shoe for every writing analogy possible.

Heidi Willis at Some Mad Hope for holding onto hers.

Bj Andersen at Hope Springs Eternal for her Book Trailer Tuesdays

Christina Farley at Chocolate for Inspiration because I love hearing about her adventures in Korea

Holly Cupala at Brimstone Soup because she is a great contributor to readergirlz which BTW is having teen read week next week.


I know my ABCs

I love these meme's. And they're a great opportunity to learn a bit more about each other. Karen over at Novels During Naptime tagged me. (great name right? its how I wrote my first book!) Go check out her blog if you haven't already because (a) she's a mom! (yay mommy writers!) and (b) she's a self proclaimed sassy pants. (not to mention she won an award of her picture book at MidSouth!)

So....here goes:

Available or in a relationship? Relationship

Best Friend? my hubby

Cake or Pie? Cake (Cheesecake factory's Dulce cheesecake to be exact!)

Drink of choice? extra dirty martini (if it is supposed to be non-alcoholic - oops - then it would be sweet tea)

Essential item for every day use? an IV of Coffee (Its definitely not a shower!)

Favorite color? Black (oh crap that's not a color ) then bluish green.

Google? always, everyday, all day. It is my life (pathetic huh?)

Hometown? Born in St Louis - show me state!

Indulgences? right now? candy corn. Normally? Pomegranate dark chocolate

January or February? Jan - its a brand new year!

Kids and their names? Princess (5.5) (also known as baby girl, pooter pie, or Noodle bug) and prince (2.5) (also known as Buddy or tootle bug)

Life is incomplete without…? my family

Marriage date? nov 2002

Number of siblings? 1 younger brother

Oranges or apples? neither - grapes (am I a rebel or what?)

Phobias and fears? dying and leaving my kids behind

Quote for the day? Trust your gut, no matter what anyone tells you.

Reason to smile? I love y life and my kids are hilarious

Season? Fall

T (there was no t) so I am going to do my own. TV show - Glee!!!!!

Unknown fact about me? I have a green belt in Tae Kwon Do. (You scared yet?)

Vegetable you hate? its a toss up between asparagus and beets (YUK!)

Worst habit? too many to pick one. playing with my hair which only leads to more frizz, interrupting (my brain is too fast) or constantly rubbing my eyes (i wear contacts)

X-rays you’ve had? you name it - Ive had it. seriously - everything but my lungs has been scanned in some way.

Your fave food? La paz Mexican cheese dip (its got 8 cheeses in it people!)

Zodiac? Virgo and proud of it!

I'm going to tag.....Little Ms J (cuz her's have got to be funnier than mine!)

If someone else gave me something or tagged me - please let me know again. I think there were a couple others but I cant find them :(

Thanks for the tags and awards!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Shelli. Now, I need to go and put a new post up on the ol' blog. :)

And 8 cheeses? I'm about to faint.

Ellie Kings said...

You are too funny Shelli. I liked the part of the hair frizz part, since I can relate with my naturally curly hair. Thanks for the afternoon laugh.

BTW, I think I'm in the dark here... don't laugh, but I've never heard of pomegranate dark chocolate. :) sounds like a treat!

Susan R. Mills said...

Ah, thanks! I feel special. And I agree with the essential item for every day use. Who needs a shower as long as you've got coffee!

Susan R. Mills said...

Oh, yeah, and I'm a Virgo, too. No wonder I like you so much.

Little Ms J said...

Awww, thanks for the tag, lady! I'll post my tag answers tomorrow.

And, I do have to say that I am SHOCKED that you live in Georgia and don't like beets. I LOVE them, even before I read about Ramona Quimby.

Adrienne said...

Fun meme. I just love that your favorite food is a cheese dip!

B.J. Anderson said...

Thanks so much for the award!! :D And those are some awesome facts about you. I, too, cannot live without my coffee.

Heidi Willis said...

Wow! Thanks for the lemon-to-lemonade award! I think that's one of the nicest compliments!!

I love your meme! It's always so fun to find out about bloggers on a different level than what they normally blog about!

Carrie Harris said...

And now, I am hungry for cheesecake. :)

Tana said...

I'm shocked you chose January over February! LOL. Fun list. It's nice to know you better.

Kelly H-Y said...

Great list! And, congrats on your award!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Congrats on the awards, and thanks for following me!

holly cupala said...

Wow, that's awfully nice of you, Shelli! Thank you! I've never had a Lemonade Award before, but I think it's my favorite kind!

Christina Farley said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm going to be talking about your blog at my Korea SCBWI workshop this weekend called 21st Century Writer. You've got so many great ideas!

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on the awards!

Deb said...

Congrats! Love your quote of the day. Oh, and coffee of course :)