3 S.R. Johannes: Bookanistas Book Buzz!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bookanistas Book Buzz!

Winner of Mockingjay is...

Paula Kay Mac!!!

Go ahead and email your address to sjohannes@bilaninc.com Congrads! I will do a huge run on Monday of all the books I need to mail out to date.

So I've gotten some ARCs lately. We've heard all about Matched (coming in Nov 10) and Paranormalcy (coming next week). But, WOW! there are some other awesome books coming out before next summer.

SPECIAL SHOUT-OUT! Let me talk about Across The Universe for a second by my blogger buddy Beth Revis. PW sent out a special edition this morning with her first chapter. Holy crap - you all have to read it. This is definitely in my top 3 for next year! Im so proud of her and its been so great watching her along the way. I started reading her blog a couple years ago. I predict a bestseller and a huge new trend in SciFi. You heard it here first :)

Today I wanted to give a Bookanistas Buzz shout-out to the books we are all excited about - some are obvious but some you may not have heard of yet (I marked the ones in red I'm most excited about :)

Obvious Winners (YA)
  • You by Charles Benboit (Just released!)
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (new YA series) - Next week!
  • Torment by Lauren Kate (sequel to Fallen) - Sept 2010
  • Crescendo by Rebecca Fitzpatrick (sequel to Hush Hush) - Oct 2010
  • Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (sequel to Beautiful Creatures) - Oct 2010
  • The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (sequel to Maze Runner)- Oct 2010
  • Night Star by Alyson Noel (Evermore Series) - Nov 2010
  • Sapphique by Catherine Fisher (sequel to Incarceron) - Dec 2010
  • *Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting (sequel to The Body Finder) - Mar 2011
Dark Horses (YA)
  • Halo by Alexandra Aldornetto (Next week!)
  • The Duff by Kody Keplinger (Sept 2010)
  • Plain Kate by Erin Bow (Sept 2010)
  • Firelight by Sophie Jordan (Sept 2010)
  • The Replacements by Brenna Yovanoff (Sept 2010)
  • TimeRaiders by Alex Scarrow (Sept 2010)
  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (Oct 2011)
  • Virals by Kathy Reichs (Nov 2010)
  • Hunger by Jackie Kessler (Nov 2010)
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Dec 2010
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis (Jan 2011)
  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (Jan 2011)
  • Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (Feb 2011)
  • Demonglass (sequel to Hex Hall) by Rachel Hawkins (Mar 2011)
  • Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young (May 2011)
  • Liar's Society by Lisa and Laura (Spring 2011)
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth (Summer 2011)
  • Possession by Elana Johnson (Summer 2011)
Middle Grade
  • Radiance by Alyson Noel (Next week!)
  • The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson (Sept 2010)
  • The Limit by Kristen Landen (Sept 2010)
  • Nightshade City by Hilary Wagner (Oct 2010)
  • Selling Hope by Kristin Tubb (Nov 2010)
  • Sean Griswold's Head and Princess for Hire #2 by Lindsey Leavitt (Spring 2011)
Check out what other Bookanistas are talking about!


What other books are you looking forward to that are NOT on this list? Who did I miss?





13 comments:

Hilary Wagner said...

Shelli, thanks for the mention!!! I'm looking forward to The Boy Who Howled, by Tim Power! Comes out in October, Bloomsbury! :)

xoxo -- Hilary

Renae said...

I am so excited about all of these! Thanks for organizing this nice little list!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Great list, Shelli. I just read Beth's opening chapter, and I sit here stunned. I don't know when I've read an opening that riveting.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great list. I'll have to read Beth's first chapter later, but it sounds fantastic. Wow, next year is going to be a great year for new books.

Shannon Messenger said...

Couldn't agree with you more on the books I'm excited about. Though as a MG writer, I'm also desperate to read the new Rick Riordan Olympians series. That guys got the golden touch. Can't wait to see what he does next (even though I'm sure it will make me want to throw rocks at my own drafts) :)

lisa and laura said...

Aw, Shelli this made our day. Thanks for the shout out!

Can't wait to read the other books on your list!

Jemi Fraser said...

There are so many great looking books coming out! I need more time! :)

Tere Kirkland said...

Aw, man, I read Beth's first chapter online this morning, and now I have to wait 138 days until it's released!

I can't wait!!!

Catch My Words said...

Scumble by Ingrid Law just came out this week, and I bet it will be every bit as great as Savvy.

MH said...

Great list! I am SO looking forward to these books, and also:

WITHER by Lauren DeStefano
XVI by Julia Karr
THE CATASTROPHIC HISTORY OF YOU AND ME by Jessica Rothenberg,
VESPER by Jeff Sampson
THE SHADOWS CAST BY STARS by Catherine Knutsson
STARCROSSED by Josephine Angelini
HEMLOCK by Kathleen Peacock
ERIN INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows
BLOOD MAGIC by Tessa Gratton
FOREVER by Maggie Steifvater
DIE FOR ME by Amy Plum
THE NEAR WITCH by Victoria Schwab
HOURGLASS by Myra McEntire
WILDEFIRE by Karsten Knight

and and and and

Yeah. I could keep going. I'll spare you, and stop now :)

Larissa said...

Ooh! Awesome list! Now I can just print it out and be set with my wishlist! :)

Dorothy Dreyer said...

I think you've got the list covered. Great job!

Suzanne Young said...

Oh, so cool! Thank you for mentioning A Need so Beautiful!!!! yay!!!