3 S.R. Johannes: The Bookanistas: The Future Of Us

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Bookanistas: The Future Of Us


Now for a short Bookanista post -


I just finished Jay Asher's The Future of Us. While I still love his first book more, I loved the concept of this book and it hit home with me at a time when I wanted to control my future.

It's 1996, and less than half of all American high school studentshave ever used the Internet.

Emma just got her first computer and an America Online CD-ROM. Josh is her best friend.
They power up and log on and discover themselves on Facebook, fifteen years in the future.
Everybody wonders what their destiny will be. Josh and Emma are about to find out..

Basically, this book hit home on my summer theme of controlling my future. That decisions you make today, impact your future. And you don't always know how much they will impact your future until they are already done. In hindsight, you can look back and see the road and why certain stops paved your way. Unlike the book, we cant always change those paths. Some of them are set in stone and how we get there might change. But I do believe that whatever happens, will happen.

So if you question how the present affects your future and struggle with the idea of controlling what yo do so you can determine where you land, this is the book for you.

Other Bookanista posts


Elana Johnson shivers over Shifting
Christine Fonseca is definitely Falling for Hamlet
Shelli Johannes-Wellscontemplates The Future of Us
Shana Silver finds Fateful Fabulous
Sarah Frances Hardy leads you into the Circle of Secrets
Corrine Jackson delights in a Hex Hall &Demonglass double feature
Stasia Ward Kehoe shares her passion for Possess

1 comment:

Sophia Chang said...

I love Jay Asher's concepts and who can beat a book set in my coming of age years :)