3 S.R. Johannes: Word for the Day! Faith

Friday, November 13, 2009

Word for the Day! Faith

To be honest, I just didn't feel like doing a marketing round up today. Something else is on my mind. Stay tuned until Monday for your regularly scheduled program.

Faith is not always just about God or your beliefs in something superior.

We forget the other meanings. The personal meanings.

Faith is the "firm belief in the integrity, ability, effectiveness, or genuineness of someone or something."

Faith is "the obligation of loyalty to a person, promise, engagement."

Faith is "adherence to something to which one is bound by a pledge or duty."

Faith is the "confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing."

Faith helps you overcome insecurity, build confidence, let go of fear.

No matter what you belief in your own spirituality, faith is about believing in more than what is in front of you.

Have faith you are where you need to be, you are going where you are supposed to go, and you will be who you ought to be.

Have faith in your writing.

Have faith in yourself.

Have faith in something more.

23 comments:

Anissa said...

A great reminder after a hectic week. Thanks. Have a great weekend!

Susan R. Mills said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Larissa said...

Great post, Shelli! Thanks!

Jessie Oliveros said...

Thanks for the post. We all need to have a little more faith in ourselves, as people and as writers. Doubt is evil.

Kristi Faith said...

So true...and Faith is my middle name ;0)

Paul Greci said...

A nice thought to start the weekend. Thank you!

Tess said...

I always tell my kids, "Faith and fear can not exist in the heart at the same time."

we have to let go of the fear and put ourselves out there sometimes. we have to allow ourselves to believe.

holly cupala said...

Lovely. Faith is pretty much my word every day!

Robin Mellom said...

Such a nice post, Shelli. Thank you!

lisa and laura said...

Now I've got George Michael stuck in my head. :)

Dawn Simon said...

Great reminder, Shelli!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Natalie Murphy said...

Thank you for the reminder! You made my day brighter =]

Christina Lee said...

now that was a nice change of course-have a good weekend!

Hardygirl said...

Thanks, Lila. Now I, too have George Michael singing to me.

You're right. This whole trying-to-get-published journey is a journey of faith.

sf

Alyson Noel said...

Shelli, this is an awesome post--love it!

Mary E Campbell said...

Faith - a beautiful word full of meaining. Thanks for reminding me to have it.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Some days that faith is so hard to cling to!! Thanks for the eloquent reminder :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks for a great reminder! I really needed it today.

Stasia said...

Thanks for the inspiration (and for the follow)! I spend a lot of time writing marketing materials for the works of other writers and sometimes need to be reminded to have faith in my own fiction.

Unknown said...

Thank for pointing out this common mistake. Great post with lots of inspiration.

Donna Gambale said...

Great post. I sum up my entire life's philosophy in the word "faith," but because I'm not particularly religious, people tend to look at me oddly when I say that. Thanks for knowing exactly what I mean. :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Beautiful post, great reminder. We can never be reminded often enough about the importance of faith - in every area of our lives.
I have to say, though, that I did NOT have George Michael in my head until AFTER reading the other posts. Thanks a lot... :-)
Shannon O'Donnell
www.shannonkodonnell.blogspot.com

ADMIN said...

Another really great hop with lots of beautiful cards for Bella. I have my third card ready to mail tomorrow.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thuoc-cuong-duong-nam-gioi-tot-nhat-hien-nay-suckhoetinhyeu-info/