3 S.R. Johannes: Bookanista: Cover Love for Surrender (Elana Johnson)

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bookanista: Cover Love for Surrender (Elana Johnson)

Sorry I have been MIA. 


It's been one of those weeks: car broke down on highway going out of town, place we rented was full, computer crashed, my son had to poop in the woods (this was more disturbing that anything - not only the aftermath but the witnessing of it all) and my dog got attacked by fleas and then got a bad haircut.


So I've been out of commission to say the least - emotionally and digitally. yes usually crashes are not that bad but....(and this just added to my week) - my husband turned off time machine (so no backup) and I don't have AppleCare on this computer (only on hubby's).


Cant really totally blame him (can I?) but lets just say - he was lucky to be out of town b/c the wrath of Sheila (which is my dark side - kinda like Beyonce's Sasha Fierce side only not as sexy!) had descended upon the house and all in her path were in pins and needles. (yes I threatened my kids life at Apple store if they did not behave...they did...b/c they value human life.)


But thanks to Onyx Consulting in Decature (my new beffies) - they were able to back up when Apple couldn't AND got me back my computer in 2 business days! (Apple was at least 10!) I know - the electronic Gods shafted me but come through in the end. ( I already apologized for cursing them. However Murphy's Law owes me big time.)


Anyway, I'll get back to regularly scheduled posts on indie pubbing next week. 


I hosted a great yalitchat last night on self pubbing in the digital age - head over to yalitchat.com for the transcript if you missed it.


Thanks to Danielle Leafty for having me on her blog. I gave my best tips in marketing so check it out and let me know if you have questions.


Today I want to give a shot out to Elana Johnson for her fab new cover.


Go check it out here :)Love love love - Congrads Elana :)


Check out some other Bookanista posts today.

4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Yikes! Sounds like you had a bad week. Hope for smooth sailing now. I'm excited for Elana's new book.

Jemi Fraser said...

I can't wait to see the cover (can't 'cause I don't have a facebook acct)! And read the book! :)

Sounds like you had a crappy week! You could maybe adopt our family motto... 'technology hates me!'

Jennie Englund said...

Hi Shelli!

I've been coming here forever.

Last weekend, I had a lovely fall walk with my writing partner, Christy Raedeke, and she said oodles of lovely and inspiring things about you.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

ah jennie - thanks. everything she said (that's good) is so true ;) and I adore her as well.she cracks me up.