3 S.R. Johannes: Bookanistas Book Buzz! Shimmer (by Alyson Noel)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bookanistas Book Buzz! Shimmer (by Alyson Noel)

Sorry I have not been here much.

Not only have I been under deadline, but I was at the beach for Spring Break all last week and just catching up.

I know most of you know Alyson Noel, especially her Evermore series. But she just started a new MG series with a spin off on Riley's character that is awesome.

Radiance came out last year and it was adorable. Well the sequel Shimmer just came out and hit the bestseller list.

I met Alyson Noel last year and she is just as

sweet as this series. IN Shimmer - Alyson has packed a lot of stuff into it - slavery, death, humor. The story of Rebecca and the slaves on Virgin Islands during the turn of the century is heartbreaking. In this book, Riley is forced to mature when faced with serious issues and anger.

Having solved the matter of the Radiant Boy, Riley, Buttercup, and Bodhi are enjoying a well-deserved vacation. When Riley comes across a young ghost named Rebecca, Riley soon learns Rebecca's not at all what she sees. The daughter of a former plantation owner, she is furious about being murdered during a slave revolt in 1733. Mired in her own anger, Rebecca is keeping the ghosts who died along with her trapped in their worst memories. Can Riley help Rebecca without losing herself to her own nightmarish memories?

Here is an excerpt

Check out the other Bookanistas!

8 comments:

Christine Fonseca said...

This looks good! Looks like another one to add to my ever growing TBR pile!

Alyson Noel said...

Aw, thanks Shelli--hope you enjoyed your time off!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds great. I really enjoyed Radiance. Enjoy your vacation and hope you make your deadline.

Unknown said...

Lucky you, at the beach, we're still very cold here!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I've been wondering about this one for a while now. I guess I'll be reading this one AND Radiance now. Thanks, Shelli. :-)

Christina Farley said...

I had heard about this new book and I was intrigued with it being MG. I can't wait to read it now. Thanks for spreading the news.

Hardygirl said...

I love reading about a good middle grade--this one sounds great!!

Glad you got to take a break at the beach!!!

sf

Renae said...

I've got Shimmer on my list! I loved Radiance!