3 S.R. Johannes: Why you DON'T want to get published

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Why you DON'T want to get published

Marketing Muse

Promote your book signings!!!!! Do not expect the libraries and bookstores or your publicist to do it. If they do - great you are ahead of the game. If you want people, they will not come unless you tell them about it ahead of time! There will always be some kind of marketing you can do to get the word out. But you have to plan ahead. Newsletters, local newspapers, email distribution, blog announcements, signs, etc

Why you DON'T want to get published!

OK - So I read this post and it is hilarious! But I betcha it is true.

Made me feel better about not already being on the shelves. Whew! takes off some of the pressure. (Yeah right!)

For those of you sick of this entire publishing process - because let's face it, it is not easy - this one's for you!

Why You DON'T Want to Get published - From a publishing intern.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Tess said...

It's funny...if not a bit irreverent (note for readers: do NOT have your 10 year old leaning over your shoulder wilst you click that link.....lesson learned).

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

hahahhaha! *spits out coffee* must clean keyboard now....

lisa and laura said...

Love that blog!

Crystal said...

That was TOO FUNNY, Shelli! Thanks for the link!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Shelli, for providing me with a good laugh. I love a person with a dry, unusual sense of humor.
I'll have to bookmark that blog.
Janet

Casey Something said...

LOL! I have my own list going and I'm not even there yet. Bwahaha.

Kelly H-Y said...

Awesome ... thanks for the link!

Jessie Oliveros said...

Maybe I should re-think this whole book writing thing...

Kimberly Derting said...

I love her, she's frikkin' hysterical!

Adrienne said...

That was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. I'll have to revisit that one.

Danyelle L. said...

*blushes*

JESSJORDAN said...

damn it, shelli! now i have another blog to stalk! gahhhhh... it's tough being me.

Corey Schwartz said...

Thanks, Shelli. I need a good laugh.

Chuck Dilmore said...

i think we all needed that - thank you!
we are a strange lot, are we not?

peace~
Chuck