3 S.R. Johannes: A "Thank You for following" surprise!

Friday, August 28, 2009

A "Thank You for following" surprise!

Special shout out to all my FOLLOWERS!

I was looking through all my follower's blogs this week and catching up on their lives before I dive back into edits this weekend.

I wanted to do something special for my FOLLOWERS to show how much I adore you for signing up and listening to me ramble.

So today, I have a small present. It's not much but it's something a lot of people want/need and something I can give.

At midnight (I'll even do WEST COAST time so everyone gets a shot!) tonight, I am going to draw a name of a follower .

The only rule is that you must comment on this post AND you must be an official "FOLLOWER" of my BLOG (This prize is for my followers. It's OK if you sign up today. I just want a Follower to win.)

The follower/name I draw will get a free one hour marketing consulting session with me over the phone to brainstorm anything from marketing your book to agents and editors (query letter review) or getting ready to launch a book, or those who want to come up with a creative way to market their book already on the market. (Good for up to 6 months). In addition, I will summarize what we discuss and give you a one or two page summary with suggestion and ideas on how to move forward (this is about a 500$ value to my business clients)

PS: If you are an editor or agent, you can win this for one of your authors!

Depending on where you are in the process, this prize can benefit you.

All you have to do is follow and hello today. Then I can shout back a, "Thank you for coming to visit me and taking time out of your precious day to listen to me rant and rave." I also hope to find more bloggy friends this way :)

I appreciate all of you more than you know!!!!! Because I never feel alone. (aw! *sniff* Kum Bah Yah right?)

Marketing Round up

Now for my favorite posts of the week:

Author/Publisher gives new meaning to handselling - Christopher Herz quit his advertising job to walk the streets of Manhattan literally selling copies of his first novel, The Last Block in Harlem.

This week Pub Rants had a great posts about marketing. Why we have a Marketing Director? which talks about the newest marketing addition to their team.

I found a blog that did a great round up of some marketing posts. Of course, my interview with Molly was one of them. Am I biased? Maybe :) Book Trailers and More.

For those of you who make up excuses as to why you do not have time to focus on marketing, Jane over at Writers Digest has a few questions for you.

Greg Pincus over at the Happy Accident pointed me to this great Social Media Guide outlining tons of great Twitter Tips.

Learn how to promote your blog like the Big Boys do.

Do you know who is on Twitter? Do more men tweet than women or vice versa? Find out!

Have a great week!

Don't forget to say hello! :)

55 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Marketing consult? Awesome prize! Sign us up.

Steph Bowe said...

It's not really realistic for me to be entered (I live in Australia, and international calls cost an arm and a leg), but I thought I'd let you know that I've recently started reading your blog and I'm finding incredibly interesting & useful. You definitely deserve all the followers you have!

Kelly Polark said...

Well, aren't you sweet?
Happy to be a follower, Shelli!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Steph - WE can always SKYPE!!! It's free :) Thanks...

Christina Lee said...

WOW what a prize!!! thanks!

Jean Reidy said...

Oh boy, oh boy! I hope I win. Thanks.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Well, I was following you anonymously, as you know, but I've changed it to public so I can enter, and I should probably follow you publicly anyway because you are a great marketing resource and I'm sure your book will be published soon! (I usually only follow agents and published authors publicly). That sounds really stuck-up of me, sorry. Don't mean it to be. It's really about time management!

What a great idea for a contest! Thanks for the opportunity! :D

Jennifer Shirk said...

That IS a generous prize. :)

Going to check out those links, too...

Anonymous said...

What an amazing prize!!! Always read your blog, but now I'm an official FOLLOWER!

Susan R. Mills said...

What a great prize! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Lady glamis - I have you down if you want to go into anon again :) Ill count you.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Holy frijoles, muchacha! Whoever wins is mighty lucky but all of us can feel the love. Super prize from a super lady.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Shelli, you're very generous, thank you! I'm going to keep you public, though. :D

Anonymous said...

Great contest, Shelli. I enjoy your blog a bunch.
Happy Friday.


Lynn Rush (sheriboeyink [at] cox [dot] net)

storyqueen said...

Quite a prize, my dear! Sign me up!

Shelley

Anissa said...

I recently discovered the blog and am excited to follow you through your journey to publication. :)

Carrie Harris said...

Of course I'm a follower. I'm also thinking that if I was on the phone with you, it would be tough to just talk business, because I'd just want to... you know, babble.

Gail said...

Wonderful prize, Shelli. Thanks for being economically-friendly too! Here's what I want to know.... who gets the honor of waking you at 3 AM (midnight Pacific time) to do the drawing????? I enjoy your writing and humor but I'm not volunteering for that duty!

Warren Baldwin said...

Shelli,
I have a book now, so this prize would be a REAL prize! wb

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

carrie - I will add in 30 minutes if you win for babble :)

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

gail - contest CLOSES at 3am. By no means, will I be up at 3am! I wont draw until my "drawer" (who is either my hubby or 5 year old) get up :)

Rebecca L Sutton said...

Best prize ever. Seriously. I would LOVE to win this considering I'm struggling with my current query and starting a brand new project I'll be trying to share with the world. So, count me in!

Thanks for doing this. Your posts are always fantastic and informative!

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, cool. Thanks! You are awesome!

Rhonda Helms said...

Oh yay, what a great prize! I read your blog posts on my blogroll and love them.

About Inkblotz said...

Shelli, you rock! Thanks for all you do!!!

Beckie Weinheimer said...

Hi, just checking in, Hello Shelli I'm going to add you to my blog
http://beckieweinheimerblogs.blogspot.com/

Hardygirl said...

Ha! I totally thought I was one of your followers. When I checked. I WASN'T! Gads!!

So, now. Here I am. Eligible.

KEYNOTE!

(sorry, I just have to throw that in every once in a while)

sf

Elana Johnson said...

I need so much help with marketing. Thanks for the links! I'm going to bookmark this post and come back this weekend. :)

Mame said...

Great Googly-Moogly, I really need to figure out Twitter already. I keep missing Twitchats!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

That's such a generous prize to offer--and it would be so helpful for that place I'm in right now!

Anonymous said...

Shelli,
What a fun idea! I always enjoy your blog :-)

jane

Robert W. Leonard said...

This is extremely generous. I'm glad I found your blog when I did. I was following it anyway because of the great content, this is like icing on the cake. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi! Hello! *waves too enthusiastically* Over here! Me!?

Lynda Mullaly Hunt said...

hey!

I am a new follower and I love this blog! LOTS of good info! I'll forward it along to friends...

Would love to win--not such a small prize, I think! :-)

Lynda

B.J. Anderson said...

Thanks for offering such a great prize!! I hope I win!

Rebecca Knight said...

What a wonderful prize! :D Please enter me: twoheadknight(at)gmail(dot)com. Thank you!

Anna C. Morrison said...

That's a terrific prize! But I love the t-shirt most!

Jennifer B. Bailey said...

Hi Shelli. I enjoyed your talk at the Schmooze on Saturday.

At your suggestion, I started my first blog this week. When I made my first post, it became the first thing I have ever written that anyone out there could read. So far, no-one has! Given that it magically became a lot less humorous and a lot more self serving as soon as I posted it, I guess I'm glad about that!

No worries, though, I'm going to Donny Bailey Seagraves' book launch this weekend and I'll have a fun little story to post about that.

Thanks for this contest. :)

Unknown said...

What a generous prize! And an exciting one, at that!

You've taught me something today, Shelli--I didn't realize that receiving your feed on My Yahoo! was not equivalent to following you. Now I know, and am happy to do both!

Lisa

Joy D. Fanning said...

Hi Shelli! Thanks for giving us all this opportunity! I love your blog!

PJ Hoover said...

Sounds like a fabulous prize! Count me in!

kathrynjankowski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathrynjankowski said...

Great prize, especially for newbies like me. I know you'll be a huge help to the winner.

Unknown said...

Hi Shelli,
This is such a wonderful opportunity. I am honored to follow your blog. It's always chock full of helpful information.
Thank you, thank you!
Janet

Suzanne Young said...

You have an impressive list! Keep up the good work!

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Sounds awesome, totally include me:-) Happy to follow!

Al said...

HI Shelli,
Thanks for commenting on my blog.
You have an interesting blog here, I'll be back.
What about wrong side of the dateline time?
It's already Saturday here.
Seriously if you pull me out of the hat it's probably easier to draw someone else. Coordinating phone calls between your time zone and mine can be "fun" at the best of times.

Stina said...

Cool prize. I don't suppose that includes finishing the first draft of my current novel for me. Just kidding. Maybe. :D

Lisa Schroeder said...

Eeee, great prize!!!

I heart your blog, Shelli!

Jade said...

Dude, you rock! What an awesome prize!

Little Ms J said...

Comment. Did I win?

Mim said...

That's a great prize, and I'm a faithful reader, even though I wasn't an official follower until today. Have a great day!

Mim said...

This is a great prize.

I love your blog!

Christina Farley said...

I'm sure I'm too late, but I do love your blog! It rocks.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

everyone to this point will be counter.

christina - you are in korea so you are fine.