3 S.R. Johannes: Fabulous Follower Fiesta Wrap Up/Friday Roundup

Friday, February 05, 2010

Fabulous Follower Fiesta Wrap Up/Friday Roundup

Final Day!

This has been such a fun week giving out gifts to my followers in appreciation of you tagging along with me on this journey.

Here are my final winners for the week!

Winner #1 - Tricia O Brien (Talespinning)
The Forest of Hand and Teeth (HB) by Carrie Ryan and Get Known Before the Book Deal

Winner #2 - Gail (Write from the Visual Soul)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (PB) and The Power to Write (7 keys to discover the writer within)

Congrads!!!! Please email me your address.

All prizes will be mailed out next week so be sure I have your address. If I do not have your address by next Friday, I will draw another name. My email is sjohannes@bilaninc.com

Don't fret though - I'm having a Marketing Scavenger Hunt the week of Feb 15th with tons more prizes. Two grand prizes being a Marketing Package (for agented/published authors) that includes books and marketing surprises as well a Writer Package (for unagented authors) that includes a craft books, fun books, and a read/critique of query/3 chapters from my awesome agent, Alyssa. (this rocks right?)

There will also be one surprise - I'll give you a hint - create your book pitch in 4 sentences.


Marketing Round Up

Here are my favs for the week:

Seven Types of Outreach To Cement The Publisher-Author Bond & Boost the Sales of Every Single Book - Christina Katz offers offers advice that she hopes will unite publishers, editors, agents, authors, sales people, and book sellers and remind us that we’re all on the same team when selling books.

The Real Deal About Viral Marketing and Promotion. Jen Bailey offers tips at the SCBWI NY Conference on what Paul Revere can teach us about viral marketing.

21 tips to driving traffic to your website or blog
- Want more traffic? Do these simple steps.

14 mistakes many bloggers make - Study the list and then take a look at your blog. Are you making these mistakes?

How did Kate at KT Literary get the word out about her blog? The business of building a website — or any online presence, honestly — is a lot of hard work, but it can still be fun.

Getting the Most out of Twitter
- Do you feel like you don't need any more Internet distractions to take you away from your writing? Have you been reluctant to sign up for Twitter because you don't want another time suck?

Nancy Ancowitz on Marketing for Introverts - Part 2 (Part 1 was listed in last week's round up.)

Facebook - Profile or Fan Page - Do you use Facebook profiles? Or fan pages? If you’re a book publicist, how much do you and how much does the author do?

Are blogs more effective than Press releases? If you had to choose one or the other, which would you choose: a blog or press releases?


Have a great weekend!

27 comments:

Cathy C. Hall said...

I missed this whole week! I'm putting that scavenger hunt on my calendar right now so I don't forget to stop by here. Sheesh-didn't I used to have a brain?

Susan R. Mills said...

Congratulations to the winners. I can't wait for the Marketing Scavenger Hunt. Sounds like fun, and great prizes too.

Gail said...

Wow, I won today? Yippee! Thanks, Shelli :-)

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners!

And thanks for the blog vs. release post. I'd not seen that one. It's definitely one thing to consider in the changing marketing world...

Anissa said...

The Marketing Scavenger Hunt sounds like a blast! Congrats to today's winners!!!

Tere Kirkland said...

Ooh, thanks for these links! I will be reading them voraciously after lunch.

Janet Johnson said...

Fun week! I liked just looking at the titles you gave away. Good suggested reading. :)

Christina Lee said...

ooh good stuff--off to click!

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

Is it just me? I can't get the 14 mistakes link to work. Poop!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Woo-hoo, I won books! Thanks, Shelli. Your scavenger hunt sounds fantastic, and now I'm going to clink your brilliant links. Happy day.

Jessie Oliveros said...

You are so creative. I'm very excited for the marketing scavenger hunt. I'll work on my pitch.

Unknown said...

Your marketing links look amazing - I'll have to read them this weekend. Thanks and Happy Friday! :)

cleemckenzie said...

Love those scavenger hunts. Congrats to all the winners.

Sherrie Petersen said...

A marketing scavenger hunt? What a cool idea! Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners, and thanks a bunch for the links, I bet they'll come in really handy.

Rebecca Knight said...

Thanks for the links, Shelli! :D

Happy Friday!

Robyn Campbell said...

EW, I can't wait for the scavenger hunt. Sounds like a lot of FUN!! Congrats to Pat and Gail. Thanks for the links Shelli. ;) Have a great weekend.

Kelly Polark said...

A Scavenger Hunt sounds fun!
Thanks for the links! Have a great weekend, Shelli!

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats to the winners :)

Those links look fantastic - thanks!

Janet, said...

Thanks for the tips, I'm ready to try some of them out now.

Catherine Denton said...

Congratulations to the winners! I love how the fun continues! :)
Winged Writer

Catherine Denton said...

P.S. There's an award for you at my blog.
Winged Writer

C.R. Evers said...

Wow! awesome link list! I'll have to block out time to visit all of these.

Christina Farley said...

Congrats to the winners! Can't wait for the scavenger hunt coming up.

~Jamie said...

I just want to say that this round-up kicked ass. I clicked through on 90% of the links you gave us, and that's quite a bit. So thanks for bringing the awesome!

Daniel said...

Thanks, Shelli, for all of this great info! I don't know how you manage it all!

Danyelle L. said...

Congrats to the winners!

Wow! Some very awesome links. Thank you!