3 S.R. Johannes: Josh Adams Pitch Contest Winners!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Josh Adams Pitch Contest Winners!

Congrads to all the winners listed below!

All winner(s) and honorary mentions can contact me for specific instructions at sjohannes@bilaninc.com.


Here is a note from Josh himself announcing the winners: (isn't he sweet! :)

=============================

Hi Shelli,

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the agent pitch contest. It was a great opportunity to see a range of stories, and it was surprisingly difficult to choose favorites from among all the promising pitches.

In some cases among those I did not select, I loved the titles, but wasn't grabbed by the pitches; in other cases, it was the other way around. Other times, writers had me until one key word threw me off; or, I'd be intrigued, but a bit confused by the need to cram too much detail into too few words. But in every case among those I selected, a simple but effective message emerged—and I'm excited by the possibilities.

In the spirit of the season, I've selected multiple winners, along with honorable mentions.

Winners: (full manuscript submission to Josh personally)
Honorable Mentions: ( full synopsis or query letter to Josh personally)
Happy Holidays,
Josh Adams

---------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE! :)

Thanks for being loyal followers and happy Holidays!

21 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

Congrats to the winners!
Thanks to Shelli and Josh for a great contest!

Abby Annis said...

Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks for the awesome contest!

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Yay for all the winners, and an extra yay for Shadya!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hurray for all the winners--especially CANDYLAND!! Woot! :-)

Thanks Josh and Shelli.

Candyland said...

Wow.... did not expect this today (and it was a BAD day). Thank you!

Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker and Mantua-Maker said...

Congrats to the winners!

Thank you, Shelli and Josh, for a fun contest!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for the contest.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much again for hosting! And I'm so excited I got an honorable mention! :D This actually made my entire week--which is super-awesome because it's only Tuesday!

Shari said...

Congrats to all the winners!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats to all the winners. Thanks for hosting it Shelli.

Michael

Yat-Yee said...

Congrats to the winners! There were quite a few more that I found intriguing as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled that I can't even sleep! Thanks for the opportunity and congrats.

Tabitha Bird said...

Congrats to the winners!

Heather said...

Congrats to all the winners (with an extra yay for Shayda!)

Nicole Zoltack said...

cONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!

Brenda Drake said...

Congratulations to the winners! This was so challenging and a great learning opportunity. Thanks Shelli and Josh! :D

Unknown said...

Grats to all who won. Everyone did a great job.

Thanks for hosting such an awesome contest.

H. Pinski said...

Congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions! Shelli, may all the work you do for the unpublished come back to you TEN fold! And many thanks to Mr. Adams.

Happy Holidays!

Susan R. Mills said...

Dang it! I missed the contest. I knew there was something I was forgetting last week! Anyway, congrats to the winners.

Donea Lee said...

I missed the contest - but SOO very happy for the winners!! I hope he loves your stuff when you all send it to him!! :)

Yahong Chi said...

Congratlulations, everyone! Many thanks to Shelli for hosting this contest and Josh Adams (who is the ideal children's book agent) for judging.