3 S.R. Johannes: Pass it On - tagged and awarded

Friday, January 16, 2009

Pass it On - tagged and awarded


Marketing Tip-Blogcasting
Try blogcasting - You can go to Blog Talk Radio and start your own radio show! Just sign up and dial in…the site does the rest. No special speakers, microphones or software needed. All you need of course is your cell phone.


Pass it On

I got tagged

The rules are as follows: link to the person who gave you the award; write down six things that make you happy; post the rules; tag six others and let them know you have done it; tell the person who tagged you when your entry is up.

First - I was tagged by Chandler Craig last week. So I owe her. Here goes:

1) My kids. Kinda cliched and on some days - I might cross them off this list :) But they make me smile and make me light. I tend to get intense so they lighten me up. My little girl because she makes me enjoy little things. She says she wants to be a bug scientist (my hubby trys to get her to say Entomologist. She makes me stop to study ants , ladybugs, earthworms, cicadas, spiders you name it (BTW I hate bugs). My little boy because he just makes me laugh. He is the silliest little guy. Typical Taurus - loves to be on stage and entertain. They both make me want to be a better person and Mom. I love my kids. Kinda wish I could have more but I've been cut-off. (Wait, can hubby's do that? Mine did :)

2) Writing - Well I have to say this one right? Especially if a potential agent or editor are lurking. Seriously, if someone told me today that I would NEVER get published, I would still write my heart out. (I'd just be pissy doing it :). My brain is way to intense to keep all my crazy thoughts jammed in there. An ex-boy used to say my brain scared him. He said it was like the Grand Canyon. (Stay with me) Beautiful, deep, scary and a mystery all at the same time. Something you want to look at it but while you standing on the edge - you are afraid you will fall in. Ha I used to think that was hilarious :) Writing is like cleaning out my closet. You always find something new, unexpected, scary, gross, and amazing. I love it and even when I say I'm taking a day off - I still find myself blogging or writing notes about my writing.

3) Breathing (this is an important one). I've learned to appreciate my body after this ear thing. I don't take care of it enough. Something I am trying to be better about. When you see how intricate everything is and how it all runs together, it makes you think before you put cheese dip or MMs in your mouth. (oops). Yoga here i come!

4) Getting a mani/pedi done! This just makes me feel like myself again. After doing the mommy thing all week, trying to get in some work, take care of house and bills. To get my cheap little mani/pedi for 30$ at Angel Nails makes me smile.

5) My bed and pillows - I love to sleep. Hate to wake up. I don't mind BEING awake, I just hate WAKING up. My mind is creative even when I am sleeping. I have some crazy dreams - sometimes I even figure out plots in my dream. (Sad huh?) BTW, did you know if we don't sleep, we can go crazy! It hormonally changes your emotions. Here's an interesting article

6) So many thing make me happy. I'll add in peace, puppies, flowers, kids, hubby, butterflies, owls, stars, cardinals, the moon, fairies, my dog(s), my family, friends, being silly, skipping. Just to name a few more.

I'm tagging:

Holly Cupala - Brimstone soup
Robin Mellom (one of the Disco Mermaids - check out her new blog!)
Lisa Nowak (the Tao of Webfoot
Corey Schwartz - Thing 1 and Thing 2
Kate and Sarah Francis - PlotThis
Jill Wheeler


Fabulous Blog AWard

Blog Award

Lindsey Leavitt awarded me a Blog Award yesterday.
Here are the rules to receiving this award:You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

1) Cheese Dip & Peanut MMs - Is this 1 or 2? Any cheese dip really. But my favorite is Las Paz 6-cheese dip (My sincere condolences to those of you who don't have one in your town. The chocolate (Peanut MMs) are a must-have when writing intense scene. Sincere apologies to my body. It's my only vice!

2) Writing with coffee- Is this 1 or 2? (I'd be weird if I didn't say writing right?) Let me be more specific drinking Harrod's Christmas Coffee with hazelnut cream. OR should I say cream with a little coffee). Unfortunately I only get Harrod's from my hubby's parents when they ship it from the UK at Christmas. :( So Harrod's if you by chance are an avid reader, plug plug, got any samples you'd like to send?

3) My Target Shoe/Slippers. Suede slippers you can wear as shoes that are lined with something soft. Oh yeah they still look like slippers but they have tread. Comfy for running kids to school, getting gas, being in backyard, waking up in morning, walking on hard wood floors (socks are too slippery). Also cool b/c they LOOK like Ughs but are only 19.99$. I actually have a pink pair of Ughs but they are not as comfy - go figure. Gotta go - I hear "what not to wear" calling. Heck - Ill take the 5 grand any day. (but do I have to give up my slippers?

4) My hubby's white Hanes t-shirts - I love to sleep in these (Sorry honey). I mean if Victoria secret would make a sexy top and bottom using Hanes cotton. I'd be all on it!!! Until then, its the T. Not only is the cotton softer than others, it's the perfect thickness. Not to shear but not too heavy. My hubby has broken them in perfectly. Plus they kinda smell like him :) Hanes is you are listening - Ill take a lifetime supply.

5) Hubby's Crinkles. Don't know why but I love the crinkles around my hubby's eyes. Maybe because I know they have a story. He is a happy person - me? I kinda swing from happy to sad to frustrated to quiet to intense and back again - all within about a minute. He is usually just happy. Positive. His laugh lines are always there. And I love them :)
So here are 5 my awards: (I dont know if they will have time to respond though, they may be blogging :)
Shrinking Violet Promotions


ahhhh a glimpse into my terrifying brain :)

3 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

he CAN do that. My hubby cut me off too :)

Katie Anderson said...

your "terrifying brain" is adorable :-)

I aspire to have people love my crinkles too!

Anonymous said...

Your hubby just sounds too cute. I love happy, positive people. They fascinate me. When I meet one, I usually cock my head to the side like my doggie does when she hears something she's never heard before. I look at them like, "Really? You're happy all the time? What is that like?" Me? Check in every 5 minutes or so. Ya never know what you're gonna get.