3 S.R. Johannes: Friday Five - My Heartfelt Sympathy To the Broken-Hearted

Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday Five - My Heartfelt Sympathy To the Broken-Hearted


Marketing Tip: It's Time to Get Known!

Check out Lisa Nowak's blog where she reviewed a book I recommend released in November. Get Known before the Book Deal by Christina Katz (Writer Mama, How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids). Becoming visible is more crucial to landing a book deal than ever, according to agents and editors in every facet of the publishing industry. From developing a readership, to increasing the odds of a book deal, to having a greater impact on book sales, this book is every aspiring writer's guide to success in the world of publishing.

My Heartfelt Sympathy
A lot of sadness has happened this week and I felt the need to publicize my condolences.

1) My old friend and boss, Scott Guilfoyle. Scott's 22 year old son, Jay, was murdered Sunday night by a friend he was fighting with. Scott - I am so sorry. My heart bleeds for you.

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.


2) A fellow Mom and neighborhood friend. A few days after having a baby, my friend Carey Kauffman's lost her baby due to organ complications. Her pregnancy and screening tests were all normal and she was totally unaware of any issues.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.


3) John Travolta's son. John's 16 year old son died from a fatal seizure. Evidently, John Travolta tried to revive his son for 20 minutes until EMT arrived. His last words to his son are reported to being "I'm sorry." From one parent to another, I cannot imagine the loss.

In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.


4) Patrick Swaze battle - After watching him being interviewed by Barbara Walters, I was touched by his grace and courage in facing a disease and his imminent death. he hopes to live 5 years and statistics don't expect more than 2 and his doctors says only months. I was taken by how strong he seemed and was saddened to hear he was admitted to the hospital today for pneumonia.

People living deeply have no fear of death.


5) My in-laws - My mother-in-law is recovering from gallbladder surgery and is now scheduled for hip surgery. My father-in-law has been diagnosed with Prostrate cancer and failed a heart stress test. My thoughts and love go out to them.

To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.


My thoughts and prayers go out to these families and those impacted by their loss or troubles.

There's no way to help those who are "Broken-Hearted"

2 comments:

Casey Something said...

How tragic. Bless their hearts - all of them. Best wishes to your in laws.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I admire your courage in writing about these pains and loses. Your fierceness in expressing yourself over things that most of us don't want to face is impressive. Just wow.