3 S.R. Johannes: PIF Query Winners and Some Book Love

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

PIF Query Winners and Some Book Love

Pay It Forward Query Winners

Okay so I am a sucker because I could not narrow it to 3.

So I have 5 queries that will move on to the next stage.

I made this decision based on the query, the premise, but mostly what I think Alyssa would like. I personally loved all 10 for different reasons.

The winners of the query contest are: (DRUM ROLL!)


Congrads! You win a query critique and move on to the final stage. Please email me (sjohannes@bilaninc.com) your most updated query and your FIRST THREE chapters by this SAT 9am EST.

I will read them and choose the winner to pass on to Alyssa. At this stage it comes down to the writing and pacing for me. :)

Just like before, if the other five writers would like some feedback on their query - please feel free to email me and I will share my notes that may or may not help you.

NEW COVER LOVE

The Pledge
Coming from S&S
Fall 2011

A romantic fantasy set in a dystopic, war-torn world where women rule, in which a teenage girl discovers that her secret ability to speak all languages, and her dangerous attraction to a beautiful, mysterious boy who speaks a language she's never heard before, are the key to her world's survival.

AUDITION
Coming from VikingOctober 13, 2011

Once you've been chosen, what step should you take?

Seventeen-year-old Sara's dream of becoming a star ballerina is challenged when she falls for Remington, an older choreographer. Instead of success onstage, she becomes Rem's muse, which is a future she never considered--and one that threatens to break her heart.


MARCH RELEASES

16 comments:

Stasia said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Shelli!

Janet Johnson said...

Congrats to the winners. Best of luck to you all!

Thank you so much Shelli for this great opportunity.

And wow, so many great books coming out! Congrats to all the authors. :)

B.J. Anderson said...

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for the contest, Shelli.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats to the winners. Lots of great books this month. Can't wait to read Demonglass and Clarity.

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners. And, wow. Two *gorgeous* covers.

MarcyKate said...

YAY! So excited for the final round - thank you so much for running this contest! Should we send the query and chapters as an attachment or in the body of the email?

Thanks again for such an awesome opportunity!

Lori M. Lee said...

Congrats to the winners!

I love the cover for The Pledge. It's so striking.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Wow. Thank you so much, Shelli. I'm truly excited to be a part of the final round. You are providing such an amazing opportunity!

And holy gorgeous covers! Look at all those awesome new books. :-)

Tracey Neithercott said...

The cover of The Pledge is gorgeous. I'd read it just by seeing that, though the blurb does intrigue me.

Congrats to the winners!

Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker and Mantua-Maker said...

Congrats to the winners!

Marie Rearden said...

Huge congrats to the winners, and thanks for the great contest Shelli!

Emy Shin said...

Congratulations to the winners! And I really love the 2 covers, especially THE PLEDGE.

Gail said...

Three cheers for Lisa, Mary Kate, Shannon, Rita, and Wendy!!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats to the winners!!

And I adore those covers!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I so appreciate this chance! Wendy L

Lisa Galek said...

Yay! How awesome! Thank you so much, Shelli! I just sent my stuff over to you. I would have done it sooner, but I do have an adorable excuse (you can see pictures at my blog... sorry, I'm just a proud mama!).