3 S.R. Johannes: Friday's Marketing RoundUp

Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday's Marketing RoundUp

Here are my top marketing posts for the week! have a great weekend!

Mackenzie Blue - When HarperCollins publishes the first Mackenzie Blue novel on May 5, author and Buzz Marketing Group founder Tina Wells hoped the book will be only one of many ways that tween girls will engage with the title character—a 12-year-old student and aspiring pop star.

Marketing Tip Madness - Here are 50 marketing tips for authors – some free, some cheap, and some even not so cheap.

Free ebook giveaway marketing tactic - The arrival of The Sorceress, third book in Michael Scott’s bestselling Immortal Secrets of Nicholas Flamel fantasy series, kicked off last weekend with RHCB’s first-ever PDF/e-book giveaway.

Are you ready if the Media calls? Are you prepared for the media to call you? If you’re not, you should be. Most authors go about their routine of sending press releases, e-mailing pitches or mailing books, but they’re unprepared for the caller that says, “Yes, I’d like to interview you for a story I’m doing.

Personal branding - Beyond your resume. Creating yourself as a brand. Also references Tim Peters - Your brand called you. You are a brand and you are in charge of your brand.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the concept of creating a "personal brand" and always enjoy reading articles about it. Once again, thanks for the great collection of links. I always enjoy what I learn from them each week.

Danyelle L. said...

Thank you for the links. :) The personal branding was especially intriguing.

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

YOUR book looks GREAT! I'm going to go pick it up on Monday! It's right up my alley!! I'm so excited!