3 S.R. Johannes: You like me you really like me!

Monday, May 11, 2009

You like me you really like me!

Marketing Muse - Grow Your Blog

1) Ask for feedback in polls, comments, questions - If you have any feedback for me on what you would like to see more or less of, please let me know in the comments.

2) Track your metrics - see what posts get the most hits and adjust accordingly. Look at referring sites, keywords, and best posts.

3) Be accessible. - respond to questions/comments and acknowledge your readers.

You like me you really like me!

Aw Shucks!

When I started this blog late last year - I had no idea in less than 6 months I would be welcoming over 12,000 visitors! Thank you all for coming and more importantly coming back! :) I hope I am adding value to a community of writers that I adore. If you come back, join my Peeps to get my updates :)


One Lovely Blog Award!

Kim Kasch over at A Writers Blog gave me the One Lovely Blog award.

First - I love the word Lovely. Its' such a sweet award, don't you think?

The Lovely Rules

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to 5 or more other bloggers that you've newly discovered.

3) Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Here are My Lovelies -

I wanted to pick a few that are courageous, giving, and humble.

1) Jessica Dehart - Keeping It Real (not only has she founded/and run a foundation (A Brilliant Life) for all kids in her spare time, but she also blogs about how each of us can learn to lead a brilliant life. Something I know we all want to do.

2) Bridgit's Zinn's blog - As most of you know, Bridget is battling stage 4 cancer. She is doing it with such grace, strength and humor. She blogs about the funny side, the struggles, and the pain (if there is one) on her blog in between treatments.

3) Miss Snark's First Victim. For giving authors the chance to enter contests and get in front of Agents. her monthly Secret Agent contest rocks!

4) The Five Randoms - They are running Hook Contests for authors to get an agent's attention. Anytime bloggers are trying to help others get noticed if generous and thoughtful. They deserve a shot out.

5) Casey McCormick - because she started doing Agent Spotlight where she does a ton of research on a specific agent every week. This is awesome if you happen to be looking at one of the agent's she spotlights because she has done all the research for you and put it in one place!

6) Purple Clover - Because I think its great that she interviews "aspiring writers". Most only interview authors with books coming out. I think this is sweet!

10 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Great list! There's a couple on here that I've never read before. I'll definitely check them out. Thanks!

Kelly Polark said...

Congrats your loveliness! :)
Great tips on growing your blog, too!

Elana Johnson said...

2 I need to visit. Thanks for the links!

Casey Something said...

Wow! Thanks, Shelli. You certainly have a lovely blog, and I love the word lovely, too.

Crystal said...

Hi Shelli!

I just started a blog recently and those are great tips! Thanks!

Also, yes, Casey is doing a wonderful with those Agent Spotlights, isn't she? She recently spotlighted someone I'd really needed more info on.

And I've been in one of Miss Snark's First Victim's Secret Agent contest . . . the crits given are so helpful.

I'm going to take a look at the other sites very soon . . . thanks for the links! :)

Danyelle L. said...

Congrats! And thanks for the list. :)

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

glad i put some new ones.

Crystal - welcome to the jungle :)

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Your blog is so much fun. I just stumbled across it and had a chance to watch your trailer, too. The books sounds wonderful!

Kelly H-Y said...

Congrats on your well-deserved, lovely award!!!

Heidi Willis said...

I loved the blogs you linked to. This is a great way for me to find new people (although I already knew a few of these...that must mean I'm doing something right?)