3 S.R. Johannes: Friday's Marketing RoundUp

Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday's Marketing RoundUp

Here are this week's top marketing posts:

Publishing and Social networking - Can you be friends with an agent or editor? Find out!

6 Ways Authors can use Facebook to promote their books? Many Facebook users never venture beyond their profile, but there are several other ways to gain visibility on Facebook.

Creating media kits - Effective media kits are something that you must help to create. A book publicist may take the lead depending on your contract, but you should take an active part.

How to be your own Marketing/PR consultant. You can become your own PR consultant without spending mega-bucks to get the job done. (My hubby is killing me for this one since I'm kinda shooting myself in the foot here :)

8 ways to use Blogging as a Social Marketing tool - Dana Lynn Smith is the author of a new book, The Savvy Book Marketer’s Guide to Successful Social Marketing.

PW tells us why we should tweet - Listen up editors, publishers and authors at PW's advice on the benefits of twitter.

11 comments:

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Thanks so much for the helpful links! I have already gotten some good advice off of a few of them :)

Tess said...

Love this post, thanks!

C.R. Evers said...

great links! I'll have to check them out!

christy

Lauren said...

I always love your friday links. It's crazy how much talk about twitter has been going on recently. I especially like the Blogger as a social marketing tool.

Crystal said...

Thanks for these links, Shelli! Very informative!

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting because I know my comment will count toward the Zinn fundraiser--but I've also been meaning to tell you how great your blog is! Just excellent.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Thanks Writer jenn! Good to have you :)

all - thanks for stopping by have a good weekend.

Kelly Polark said...

Thanks for the great links, Shelli!

Danyelle L. said...

Wonderful links! Thanks so much!

Amy said...

GREAT links! I've been considering using twitter for a while, but it just seems like another way to text message:-D
-AMY

Kimbra Kasch said...

Love all your helpful links. Hope it's a great week for you.