3 S.R. Johannes: Friday Fabs- Marketing Round Up

Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Fabs- Marketing Round Up

Comment your Butt Off Contest update:
Only 18 days Left for a free web site!

As of this morning - 13 days into the contest, you guys are doing fabulous! Just from March 1 - March 13 (ooh goodie Friday the 13th) we have had:
  • 1,407 Unique visitors (in 13 days!)
  • 704 Comments (now I know how agents feel about queries - I have to log and approve each one! )
  • 61 people (thanks for taking your time to comment!)

I have met some great people and found some more fab blogs! Thanks for all the off-comment messages. :) Remember - it is not over until the fab lady writes - that's me :). So don't give up!

Persistence is key in this biz - right? :)

Practice makes perfect!

Friday Fabs: Marketing Round Up!

I am going to start doing a round up of marketing posts on Friday. Here are some fabulous posts out there on promotion and marketing I saw this week. These include ideas bloggers have done to get more blog traffic, authors unique projects that spreads the word about their book/cause, and editors/agents advice.

Remember - we have Sarah Davis from Greenhouse Literary talking about her marketing on Monday. And it is fabulous. Very thorough and insightful!

20 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

Thanks for the great links!

Tabitha said...

Awesomeness!! Marketing info from an agent - that's, like, GOLD! Looking forward to it. :)

Carrie Harris said...

That marketing round up is really helpful; I hope you'll keep it.

And have a terrific weekend!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Looking forward to reading these links. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome links. Once again, though, when do you sleep?

Anonymous said...

Lisa Schroeder's Book Angel project is very creative and inspiring. How do people come up with these ideas?

Anonymous said...

The "Buried in the Slush Pile" blogger says we should compile the biggest mailing list ever. makes sense but do you think she means literally "snail mail" mailing list or email mailing list?

Tina Anderson said...

I really like the Marketing Round Up!. What great posts and blogs. I hope you keep doing this. I get so much from and through your site. Thanks. Have a great weekend.

a brilliant blog said...

can't wait to se Sarah's!

Anonymous said...

That Blog Book Tours site is very helpful. I'm not clear who puts the blog out though--I guess I always look for the "person" behind the blog. Still, it looks like a gold mine of help.

Anonymous said...

shrinking violet's marketing co-op idea is also fascinating. It's kinda what the PAL-level membership of SCBWI is trying to do. I also totally agree with the comment, "but really, just how many skill sets can one person have?" So true.

Anonymous said...

The Plot This (love the name) site made me smile. I totally felt their well-deserved joy for the publicity and attention they are getting. Also, Shelli, that web site you did for Katie? It is a-a-a-a-awesome! When you flashed it on the screen at Springmingle, it didn't do it justice. Just gorgie.

Kimbra Kasch said...

These are great links, wonderful information and I can't wait for Monday's Marketing post.

Corey Schwartz said...

We fly home today, so I'll read them all when I get back! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The book angel thing is such an interesting idea.

Parker P

Robin Constantine said...

What cool links, Shelli. Thanks for posting them!

Carrie Harris said...

Hey, have you seen the Squad365 blog? It's at squad365.blogspot.com. They've got some marketing and promotion ideas "from the writer's point of view," and although I just found them, I think I'm going to keep reading!

Anonymous said...

One thing I haven't really seen you address is book video trailers. Waddaya think of them? Ever done one for anybody?

Anonymous said...

Carrie, that Squad365 blog looks awesome. Great find. The "Blog, But Blog Deep" post is particularly interesting.

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's been more than 11.75 hours because it's the next DAY...taking another look at your link, Seth's line caught my attention: "Publicity is getting unpaid media to pay attention...make a commotion." It's tricky to get publicity though because aren't media outlets so OVER news releases since they get umpteen million every day?